Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Moment


It's a foggy Saturday morning, and I am laying near Clovie's window, enjoying the cool marine air. It will be hot again today. It is quiet in my neighborhood and I am concentrating on being in the moment; calm, relaxed, not thinking about what needs to done, and knowing there is nowhere I have to be. Sweet Clovis is laying close behind me and I reach back to pet him. Is he in the moment too? I bury my hand in his soft, soft fur. It is heaven.

Then here it comes...the list! Cleaners, groceries, laundry, what should I write about today?  I need to do this, I need to do that.  I try to repress and go back to being in the moment. With a start, Clovie gets up and races to his box of hay. Was he reading my thoughts?  My moment is gone but I am saving the memory.

6 comments:

bunnits said...

A moment to savor. Love the sleepy bun photo of Clovie.

FairyCastleFarm said...

Yes, he was..... it is not a coincidence... thanks for your sweet comments at my blog, enjoy your moment - when ever you can ;o)

hee, hee just a side note. my word verification is "suicalm" coincidence? I think NOT! lol

SixBunnies said...

Those fuzzy babies have a way of putting life into perspective for us! Clovie is so special! Your words are beautiful.

RG said...

Got your Kabat-Zinn on? Our bunns all live in the moment - it's the moment for treats, it's the moment for snuggles, it's the moment to binky, .....etc.

Jade said...

LOVE the sleepy-Clovie pic. I had a few peaceful moments like that lasr night; watching TV, no urge to do anything but let my mind drift. Unfortunately, the weekend is over now, and my brain is already trying to work out all the things I need to accomplish this week. *sigh*

WV: gnality--somewhere between gnarly and reality, and it's as unpleasant as it sounds.

Anonymous said...

You have been added to our blogroll!

Nico, Piper & Tokki