Thursday, July 19, 2012

Here Boy!

Clovie gets free reign of half the house almost every night. (The other half is for Minnow, our cat.) He heads up the stairs and hangs out.  We can hear him race up and down the hallway and the heavy thump of his back feet as he roams around the rooms upstairs.



Before I go to bed I clean up his litter box, his hay box, refresh his hay and water.  Sometimes he comes down when I am doing this. Often he comes down around 10 PM which is close to bedtime.  Does he have a sense of what time it is? 

Every once in a while I need to go upstairs and round him up.  Usually he is in the bonus room.  So I call him, "Clovie! C'mon Buddy it's beddy bye time. Do you want your treat?"

And it always surprises me that he follows me downstairs, just like a little puppy.

12 comments:

Scout and Sage said...

I used to have to give Scout bunny her meds 5 to 10 minutes earlier each day because she would disappear when they were due.. I don't know if she had a great time sense or could just read the clock.. :)

Little Miss Titch said...

They are very smart they know whats going on every single minute of the day.But we do love clovie he's such a handsome fellow but may be it because he's a rex like speedy is and they both have lots of white fur *sigh*

Lisa Alto said...

So smart. And they're quick to remind you (jumping on your head) if breakfast is a moment late!

RG said...

I think you can now be called "trained"!

bunnits said...

When I first got rabbits eleven years ago, I was truly amazed by the intelligence of these wonderful creatures. There isn't much that gets past them and they are really good at figuring things out, especially things that get them into trouble or result in treats.

SixBunnies said...

He's got looks and brains! :) I bet he has so much fun running around!

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Bunnies are so much fun and can learn lots of tricks. Once we learned how much our rabbit loved berries we could train her to do lots of things. She loved her berries fresh, dried or even frozen!!

Christina said...

Bunnies always seem to know the schedule and mine follow me when I clean up their house. They want to make sure I am doing it right!

BinkiesandFlops said...

What a lil' smartypants! I love the way these sweet creatures puzzle things out! ; ) x

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

He's such a smart as well as very handsome boy.
xx

SixBunnies said...

Clovie knows you love him and whatever you are leading him to is good for him. He would follow you anywhere! He must be one of the happiest bunnies in the world. He is certainly one of the most handsome! :)

Unknown said...

Yes! All the doors upstairs in the house have to be shut, and if there's any moment they are slightly ajar, Treacle bun will in no doubt dart in there!

Good boy Clovie for coming down at bedtime ;)