Thursday, November 11, 2010

Bunny Mission

Attention:  Private First Class - Clovie Boy

Your Mission:  To engage the Civilian in non-combat activity.

Your Orders: (Repeat daily until further notification.) 

  • At approximately 2100 hours, be on the alert and maintain surveillance on barracks at all times.
  • When Civilian enters barracks for nightly prep, run the perimeter of barracks and duck into cardboard condo for shelter. 
  • While Civilian removes latrine from cage for cleaning, stand guard in front of the hay box in prone position.  
  • When Civilian approaches hay box for cleaning, flatten body and look as cute as possible.
  • Cuteness engages Civilian in lots of really great petting, head massage, ear tugs and other miscellaneous enjoyable non-combat activity.
  • Ahhhh!  Mission accomplished!  Dismissed!
  • A little R and R and a bedtime reward for a job well done. 

Many thanks to the Veterans who have served our country.

4 comments:

Jade said...

I see he does the "flatten body and look as cute as possible" part quite well--how can anyone resist that sweet loaf o' bun? :)

This memory rises up to greet me said...

Sue,

This is definately one of your finest writings, I must say. I laughed out loud when I read it, especially the part about the "cardboard condo".

Keep up the great work - I always look forward to it.
Sister Deb

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

Yep, Clovie has that cute thing covered. Who could resist him? I want to give him a big hug and smooch.

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Hi Sue, It was great meeting you at the White River Valley Museum Exhibit. There was some great work in the show! It is a very nice venue and I really liked the presentation of the work. Congrats on getting your work juried into the two society shows, MPSGS (DC) and MASF (FL)! The best of luck to you in these. If you want to send me an email, I'll send you the link for the online forum. barbara@bfreestudios.com