Saturday, May 1, 2010

Holding

WE DO NOT LIKE TO BE HELD. I was quite disappointed to discover this. I really wanted a soft little bunny to hold and cuddle.  I have endured many rabbit toenail wounds in an effort to tame this little guy.  He will squirm his way out, scramble up to my shoulder and leap off, or do a 180 and run down my leg.  Early on, this was especially challenging when we needed to go see Dr. Heather or administer medication but now we make it work.  It took some strategy to figure out how to catch him.  I have to close his cage and remove anything he can hide under.  Then there's a bit of a chase until I can corral him in a corner and pick him up, give him a few kisses on his head and put him in his carrier.  A bunny burrito with a towel works good for meds. I have been fortunate to have had a few times that he has remained in my arms for a minute or two.  These are precious moments for me.
                                        

2 comments:

Lauren said...

We'll have to have Aimee bring Eebee over. He just sits there when he's in your lap.

Clovie Boy said...

Wouldn't it be nice to have a bunny like that!