Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Couple of Cat and Mouse Stories


Story 1:  I wrote a post on this blog titled Cat and Mouse about Minnow's nightly ritual with her little pet mouse.  One night this summer she was in the window of my art room, on possum watch, when I went to bed.  In the morning the mouse was in the window. I left it there and closed the window.  I noticed the mouse stayed in the window for about a week which seemed odd, and I thought maybe she forgot where she left it.  No, I had closed the window on its tail. Mousetrap!


Story 2:  Our second daughter took a job with Americorp which she finds very rewarding.  The paycheck, however, is not so I convinced her to live at home for awhile.  At the end of her hard day she waltzes in, kicks off her shoes and leaves them in the living room.  One day we found the mouse in her black shoes.  The next day it was in her brown shoes. Does this mean something? 

8 comments:

Christina said...

Hmmm, I dont know....a gift for her maybe?

bunnits said...

the enigma of cats

SixBunnies said...

I am sure it does. Like the mystery of bunneh's, the mystery of kitties is also something our human minds can't always grasp. I love to be amused by them, though!

SixBunnies said...

That is so funny about the tail being caught in the window!!!

Jade said...

I can just imagine poor Minnow trying to rescue her mouse from the window trap. Poor kitteh.

As for the mouse in your daughter's shoes, all I can say is that it could have been worse: Minnow could have left poop. :)

Lisa said...

Congratulations to your daughter for joining Americorps. She's a braver woman than I.

RG said...

The mouse likes Americorp - so do I. I have worked with quite a few over the past 3 or 4 years. Gives us all plenty of confidence in the future! Not a one said they wish they had done something different. Great program and kudos to those young ones who do, dispite the short pay (dollars wise.)

Clovie Boy said...

Thanks, RG. I think she's pretty great for her choice, and so far it's been a great experience.