Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Clovis Cards

Years ago, just for fun, I started making my own Christmas cards.  I thought, as an artist, I should do that.  I can't really recall all that I have made.  Some were good, some not so good.  All made from the heart though. And of course, there were a few little bunnies here and there. 

The first Christmas I had Clovis, my card making took a new direction.   I had my very own model.  He inspired me.  Since Clovis was a gift to myself, that year I decided to draw him with curling ribbon around his neck as if he were a present.  And when the next Christmas came around I thought, "What should Clovis be doing this year?".  And so the tradition of Clovis Cards began.  He appears in every card.

I think my family and friends get a kick out of seeing what Clovis will do next.  Of course, I couldn't stop there. Now there are Clovis Cards for Easter, Halloween, note cards.  You can find Clovis Cards on my Etsy site: http://www.suejandre.etsy.com/

No comments: